Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Brrrr. For once I was actually going to go to Discrete today, even though it's my only class and then I have to turn around and drive back down to work. So I got all ready, did a bunch of stuff, let my truck get all nice and toasty inside, cleared off all the windows, and was all set to take off.
Problem: due to the fact that I park on a hill and thus use my parking break AND that I drove home in the rainy-snow last night, the parking break thinamajiggy froze. I couldn't move! So what do I do? I call my daddy for help! He tells me to keep the rpms WAAAY up and throw it in reverse and let off the clutch slow. Hmm, yeah, nothing happened. So he said he (and the torch) would come and rescue me, though not in time to make it to class. Gee, I was so dissapointed to miss math (though I feel like I should have been there). So my dad shows up, jumps in the truck, REALLY gets the rpms WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up and breaks the ice. Hmmm. Apparently I didn't give it quite enough gas. Oops.

Lesson learned: When dad tells you to get the rpms going, he means get them WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up there! And don't use the parking break in the winter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home