Thursday, May 18, 2006

What a crazy world this is. I don't quite know how to put it into words.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone, though none of those people will be reading this.

Aunt Karen died Sunday night/Monday morning. Sam found her that morning when she didn't get up for school. Aunt Karen had a weak heart. She just turned 54 April 4th. I witnessed such anguish and sorrow in a person as I did when my dad found out that his baby sister died. My heart breaks for him and the rest of the family.

This is so unreal.

The funeral will be Saturday with the wake Friday evening. Aunt Karen was a teacher for 30 years. This way students and teachers can attend.

Keeping with the spirit of death at Snyder's, Doug's dad passed away Saturday. I found out Monday when I got to work. I went to the wake today. His dad was loved and had lived such a full life. This doesn't make his dying any easier to accept. Andrea's husband's cousin died Monday night. He was 36 and in hospice. He had severe masses in his brain. He had 2 young girls and a wife. His wake is tonight and funeral tomorrow.

After attending the wake today, Aunt Karen's death is starting to hit home. This is the first time that I have cried, really cried, since I heard the news.

What's the saying about something coming in threes?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry Anna! I love you and wish I could be there for you like you were there for me! I love you and my thoughts are with you and your family.

May 18, 2006 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Anna, I'm truly sorry to hear of your losses. Wish I could give you a hug right now. Give my best wishes to you and to the rest of your family.

May 19, 2006 1:50 AM  
Blogger Kierstien said...

Anna~
Hey sweetie. I love you so much and my thoughts and prayers are with you and for all of your family and everyone else who's lost a loved one this past week in your life. I want you to know that I will be here if you need anything.It's creepy things do seem to happen in threes.
Love you
kierst

May 20, 2006 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home