Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Does anyone really care what I did yesterday?

Probably not. But that's not gonna stop me!

I went over to ER to Lake Orno for the 4th activities. Kierstien's family goes every year so they had a canopy tent set up. The Fetzek bro's were there too along with other assorted individuals (like me!). We pretty much just chilled, which was nice. The were shooting of a civil war type canon (LOUD) which made me jump out of my skin (surprise surprise) even though I was expecting it. And Kierst and I watched a unbelievably cheesy magic show. The cheese part was the fact that not a single word was spoken and it was set to insanely dramatic music with HORRIBLY exaggerated theatrical gestures and moves. The music would have been better suited on a dark stage somewhere in Vegas than under an outdoor pavilion in ER. We laughed through the entire routine. Most of us watched the Lumberjack show too which was so corny that it was funny.

Other than that we pretty much just chilled and gave away money to the carneys at the games. The boys got bored so they decided to run all over to find a liquor store that was open (FYI: Next time you want to buy liquor on the 4th, go to Salidas!). So I helped Kierstien sell glow-in-the-dark necklaces for the Chamber of Commerce. That was actually pretty fun. I thought I heard someone call out my name while we were walking along the beach hawking the necklaces but I figured I was hearing things. It turns out that the Sara(h)s, Jay, Anna U and Kelley, and a few others were there. We recognized lots of other fellow (younger) Big Lakers.

I abandoned Kierstien right before the fireworks began in order to sit down and watch them. The fireworks them selves were OK, I guess. Most of them were low ones, like Roman Candles and there were people standing in front of us so the view wasn't spectacular. And we were next to a street light. And (big surprise here) I got beer spilt on me. Actually I spilt it for once and soaked Tyler and myself. Hah. That'll teach him to use me as a place to set his beer. Nonetheless, I still got to see fireworks and had fun. Traffic sucked though. I don't know how long it took us to get out of there, even though we waited awhile for it to clear out. By the time I got outta there and dropped Tyler off at his car in BL and got home it was 12. On a normal day I would have been home not much past 11. Yeesh.

So how was y'all's Independence Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home