Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Note to self: Get college degree!

Ok. I spent all day long out in production flipping through a pallet of books checking to make sure that the pages were in the correct order. Let me clue you in on what a book is comprised of.

Books are made of sigs. This book had 32 page sigs, so each set of 32 pages are printed seperately until the sigs are compiled and bound.

Apparently a handful of 2 of the sigs were accidently switched. Meaning that the pages were NOT in the correct order! Chapter 13 happened to be in the middle of Chapter 14. Not good.

So there I am slicing open boxes, pulling out each book and flipping through all 573 pages to see if all is correct before repacking the good ones, retaping the boxes, and restacking the pallet. Sigh. It was sooooo borring! I will NEVER work at a job like that by choice! Arrg! I need at least a little stimulation for my brain!

Any one care to guess what I might be doing tomorrow at work? Hint: there are 4 more pallets of these books.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toshia said...

LOL.

Poor baby!

August 09, 2005 10:38 PM  
Blogger Lightning Girl said...

Cheerios. Just remember the Cheerios.

August 10, 2005 7:51 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Fortunately, I don't have any Cheerio memories! But thanks for the reminder!

August 10, 2005 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home