I'm doing well. Though I have a ton of homework yet to be completed for the next few days, I do have my program done for tomorrow morning. All that's left to do is to do a little analysis and comparison of run times for various sized matrices. In order to get a reasonably accurate result, we're supposed to loop through the program 500 times.
10x10 matrix-no problem. It takes less then a second to execute the loop.
100x100- again, no sweat. Done in 15 seconds.
1000x1000- NOT COOL. It takes approximately 28 seconds per loop. 28 s * 500 = 14000 s / 60 = 233.3 min / 60 = 3. 9 hr!
FOUR HOURS? And I have to do this twice (once for each of the two different programs). No problem. I'll just be here (brrrr) until 5:AM waiting for the executions to complete.
I think that prof is only going to get the average of, say 50 executions! Over 45 minutes sounds like enough of my time to give.


1 Comments:
I agree with you on the 45minutes thing. + I don't think the Brrrrrhive is open until 5am. Not unless you wanna defrag all of the comps there for them lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home