Wednesday, June 14, 2006

So, has anyone read The Odyssey? Any deep and meaningful thoughts, connections, reflections, or ideas would be greatly appreciated! I like the book very much but I can't just come up with stuff on my own; I need to talk it over (like in class) which is kinda not going to happen with an online course.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dawn is rosy-fingered. telemachus becomes a man. that's about all i remember

June 14, 2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

All the help I can give you is this...
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-99.html
Hehe. :-D I'm not quite helpful am I?
But you should borrow me that book when you are done, that's one I've only seen the Wishbone version of. (You know, the cute little talking do who jumps into books? hehe)

June 15, 2006 2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading it way back in like 7th grade and it being so long and is that the one where the witch lady(can't remember her name) turns the guards into animals because she is mad at them or am I thinking of something else? Well I guess I was no help either. Good luck with it. :)

June 15, 2006 6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could also try Sparknotes.com, I am searching it right now and it has some detailed stuff, but I don't know if it will help. :)

June 15, 2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger Toshia said...

Sorry hun, I read the story before it: The Illiad.

Although, I do have some recollection of Lisa and Erin making me be Odysseus in the little movie that they made for Ms. Curto's class.

And I too would like to borrow the book so I can learn the rest of the story.

June 18, 2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Anon- yup, that's The Odyssey in a nutshell. I love the imagery of dawn's description.

Tiff- thx! I'll be done with the book by Friday if you want to borrow it
P.S. I loved Wishbone!

Chrissy- I think you're talking about Circe the goddess who enchanted men and transformed them into wolves, lions, and pigs. Thx for the sparksnotes hint!

Toshia- or should I call you Odysseus? Of course you can borrow it!

June 19, 2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home