Monday, June 19, 2006

I keep certain personal aspects hidden and am on guard.
And yet I have a way of diving in heart and soul.
This leads to too many heartaches.
Is it all worth it?
So far, I'm not sure.
I like to think that I have learned (something, no matter how small) from each occasion.
And I don't regret most of those moments.
But it hurts.
I don't know if it gets easier.
Maybe a little... the first time is always the hardest.
I toughened up since then.
But I still feel fragile and vulnerable.
I have trouble walking away.
This has always been my major weakness. My Achilles' tendon.
I don't like to give up.
But just think of how much easier things would be.
How uncomplicated. How simplistic. How unburdened and carefree.
But there's always that "what could be..."

I think I need to let go. At least for now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kierstien said...

wow! what a post anna holy cow: )

June 19, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I know that feeling. It is hard, and no matter how hard you try to walk away, it takes awhile for it to actually happen. But it turns out right in the end, whichever way it's suppose to turn out.

June 20, 2006 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home